Monday, August 31, 2009

2006.02 - Colorado Elephant Ride

Each February, nut-case riders from all over converge on Bailey, Colorado to ride to the top of Guanella Pass (11,667') over the unmaintanied Guanella Pass Road.

In 2006, I rode did the ride for the second time. This time on my Yamaha XT225 enduro bike.

MyBike:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Other nut's bikes:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The lower road was pretty dry this year:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At the summit of the pass:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some Ural's racing down the icy east side of the pass:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Its amazing how you have a heart for riding with this kind of weather. I personally park my bike in the garage until the roads are clear and dry. I never ride on cold and rainy seasons. I wonder how you do it so comfortably.
    Your bike tires look great, i had to mention that. Considering that motorcycle tires should be in good condition mostly with the snow. Michelin Motorcycle Tires

    ReplyDelete